Aisha Likes It x SK WiLBUR * Get Lit Collab * Langston
This limited edition unisex bracelet is named for Langston Hughes. What do we know for certain about Langston Hughes? He was a prolific writer of the Harlem Renaissance. That his poem "Harlem" is read by almost every American school child. But what about his life? Hughes kept us all at a distance wandering the world learning himself. This bracelet constructed with wood and tiger iron, presents just that: what we see and what we cannot fathom.
Bracelet Stats: At-a-glance list of the most important things you need to know when deciding if you need this necklace in your life.
- Total length: 6.5- 7.25 inches* (bracelet can be custom sized)
- Width at widest: .35 inches
- Clasp Style/Metal: bungee stretch
- Beads/stones/composition: wood, recycled glass, tiger iron, brass rings
- Bead Origins: Ghana, Nigeria, Philippines, US
- Colors: tan, maroon, brown, deep red, metallic brass
This collection pays homage to trailblazing Black literary giants and celebrates Black History Month. I dedicate this style to my dear friend, Michael, who lost his life at the beginning of the COVID crisis. He was moved by the words of the poem “Mother to Son” and he felt particularly connected to it because his mother taught him it when he was younger. 10% of the sale of each bag is being donated to the United Negro College Fund.
- Measures 17 in. tall x 20 in. wide x 5 in. deep
- Red Cotton Duck Canvas
- Black Leather
- Rolled leather handles measure 18 in. long
- Heat transferred image onto leather
- Hand painted
- Recessed zipper closure
- Interior pocket
- Made in the USA