Many Thousand Earrings
These earrings are made with recycled vinyl and African trade beads. Trade beads served as an early form of commerce between Europeans and Africans. We know, of course, the history of that commerce; these beads live on as part of that history. Increasingly rare, trade beads can date back as far as the 15th century. Many were made Italy and while there is no one specific design, the millefiori form was a popular style. “Thousand Flowers” or millefiori beads are highly decorative and require multi-color canes placed in decorative patterns only observed once the glass is cut: the trade beads in these earring are just such a style. Expect to pay more than the average price for these Aisha Likes It earrings. The history they hold is rare and their production is finite. There will only be three pairs available for purchase.
- Total length: 2.25- 3.25 inches
- Width at widest: .25 inches
- Total Combined Weight: .5 oz
- Hook Metal: Hypoallergenic brass
- Bead/stone/ composition: recycled vinyl, recyed glass, brass
- Bead Origins: Ghana, US
- Colors: banana yellow, lipstick red, green, royal blue, green, metallic brass
- When to wear: Day, After Hours
Want custom pieces to accompany these? Just say the word. Use the contact form on the site or feel free to email us directly at email@example.com for custom orders or special requests. We are happy to work with you!