Mud & Mettle Red Double Strand Necklace
This necklace is inspired by Bògòlanfini or bogolan textiles made in Mali. More colloquially referred to as mudcloth, the distinctive patterns in these fabrics are traditionally made with dyed fermented mud, hence the name mudcloth. To translate this effect onto metal, each piece has a single, geometrical design hand-stamped in a repeating pattern. Necklaces are constructed with a variety of colorful beads sourced from throughout the African diaspora designed to complement the metal's shape and patterns. Like each piece of mudcloth, each double strand necklace is one of a kind.
- Total length: 22 inches (adjustable to 26")
- Pendant size: .5 x 2.5 inches
- Width at widest: 1 inch
- Clasp Style/Metal: hypoallergenic copper lobster claw clasp
- Beads/stones/composition: recycled glass, turquoise, brass
- Bead Origins: Ghana, USA,
- Colors: lipstick red, teal, metallic brass
Have questions? Feel free to email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org .